Thread: Bill and Bill
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Does this not have more to do with the oil speculators? Manipulating the market to make a profit other then supply.

Barney
I'd say you're correct, to a certain extent.

The strategic reserves don't amount to a fart in a whirlwind. And what caught my attention was Richardson's statement that we weren't actually selling anything, we were manipulating the market.

Call me naive.

I guess my point is that whenever the pols talk about opening the strategic reserves, most people think that the oil is gone, which is not the case. They're just playing the market, which not only affects your 401K, but international politics as well.

To tell the truth, I've known all along that the strategic reserves were good for maybe a couple of months, but thanks to Richardson's statement I have begun to appreciate the true nature of things.

It's a money game, I just never realized that the strategic reserves are only a part of it.

Did you?

My goal in life is to understand the nature of things. And I've just picked up on something which should have been obvious, other than the fact that I've been blinded by my own ignorance.

Chas