View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Well I feel a lot better tonight. Thanks for the kind words from most...even Whell. I can get just as emotional as the next guy, and I would rather apologize to somebody for being an asshole than to hold my feelings all inside. I guess what really gets my goat is that there are people out there who are in love with the idea of letting "nature take it's course" for friends and family, even if it means misery and pain to the individual, yet at the same time they will go out to the back 40 and shoot their dog or horse to put it out of misery.
Glad you are feeling better, watching loved ones suffer is never easy yet we are taught that letting go is bad. My sister and I both were asking God to take our brother home to our parents and oldest brother. The real Ross was long gone so what was the point in letting his body suffer. Well He finally did last month.

Some say "But they may discover the cure tomorrow." however what purpose will that serve when the body has been so ravaged that cure is no longer an answer. Some things you cope with, Dad lost his right leg just below the knee in an accident shortly after coming to Canada. So he got a prothesis and just kept on going, married Mom and raised us four kids. But other things that attack the body or mind are not reversible nor to be coped with. I did not feel guilt for my prayers for my brother because I loved him more than I loved me.