View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I find it interesting that so many of you want to keep dragging the situation in the West Bank into the discussion about the war in Gaza...
I was responding to your assertion that "Israelis just want to be left alone." Their actions on the West Bank (and Bibi's acquiescence thereto) belie that profoundly uninformed comment. There are now over 500k illegal settlers on the West Bank and these settlers are becoming increasingly violent towards Palestinians there, risking significant further escalation.

https://www.economist.com/middle-eas...-the-west-bank

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...ans-rcna123311

Quote:
PS - any suggestion that Netanyahu and Ben Gvir directed Yigal Amir to murder Rabin is Israeli radical left wing political propaganda. Amir is Israeli Mizrahim...headcases who consider themselves to be the only real Israelis. The accusation that Netanyahu ordered the murder of Rabin is like accusing Nixon of ordering the murder of JFK. Bullshit propaganda.
I made no such suggestion. I was just pointing out that the last Prime Minister who actually took concrete steps toward peaceful coexistence in a 2-state solution was gunned down by one of his own countrymen for his efforts.

In this country, people like you love to play the anti-Semitism card whenever anyone criticizes Bibi, his policies, his far right coalition partners, or the illegal settlers/settlements, notwithstanding the fact that 80% of Israelis believe his cynical policies vis-a-vis Hamas and the weakening of Israeli intelligence and military resulting from his attempted judicial coup helped set the stage for the current Gaza violence. I have been critical of Bibi for years before this latest blow-up.

Your emotions far exceed your grasp of the situation there.