View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:38 PM

Yep, Rob's right-as usual. That bunch that bought my company, you were pretty much EXPECTED to be there unless you were in a hospital. A doctor's excuse wasn't good enuff- you only got "half" a demerit instead of a whole one. 3 demerits & you were gone. And I don't know how many people lost everything they had to gawdam doctors & nursing homes-My granmother on my mother's side was one. We put her in a nursing home in '86 after she fell & broke her hip. Her mind never was "right" after that, either. Anyhow, she lived til '92, we paid $1600 a month for her to lay there & rot, they went thru EVERY penny she had-& started on us. And they were heartless-If their monthly fee wasn't paid on time, the "guest" was put on the front porch, at least under cover, & a phone call was placed to the family to come get the person. We didn't mind paying for my gran, & fortunately, she had enuff to where her money took care of most of it, but I objected to their inflated prices that covered 3 or 4 "indigents" who couldn't pay. I also don't think you should have to give up everything you've made all yr life to give to a glorified motel at the end of yr life like that, either.