View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
"because the pharmaceutical complanies make much larger campaign contributions than the elderly do."

That is a sign of corruption in the whole process. I guess what I am looking for is unobttainable in today's world. I am looking for people to elect officials that are not corrupt, people that will heed to the spirit of the law and Constitution, people that will take it upon themselves to care for other people locally so the Feds don't have to get involved. We as a country went off-track long ago and I wish we could get back to the way it should work. Corruption throws artificial controls into the equation and what comes out the other end is distorted and not at all what our founders had in mind. I recognize that the way things are now someone has to exert control over what should be free markets, but I don't have to like it. I do think that someone should still ask for something closer to what the founders invisioned. If no one demands betterment the only way is down. I just want to stop the slide.

Rant over.
Made me think of Palin.