View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Sorry Man, I tried. I didn't get far:

"Everyone agrees that we desperately need health care reform"

NOT TRUE: As I've built a case for here, Republicans *DON'T* want health care reform. They use this line as an opener, always followed by "but". It's a lame attempt to say "we want to help, but this is just not the right way". Bull shit. They want everything to stay exactly as it is.

"but" (see?) "our Government has proven that it can't run anything successfully."

Wrong again. Medicade works well. Our millitary is the best on Earth. Nasa sent a man to the moon. Etc. etc. etc. I'm not sure why patriotic Americans put up with this "America can't do anything" crap. As a citizen of this great nation I'm offended by this tired line.

"Therefore, Obama's government run health care plan is highly unpopular."

And for the hat trick, a third lie. When pollsters actually ask on the issues in Obama's plan, cutting past the misinformation campaign, the ideas are all very popular. Either way, even by conservative polls, it's a close call. To call it "highly unpopular" is just inaccurate.

Sorry, I didn't read any further. It's like starting an article with "We all know Republicans are smart and Democrats are dumb..." Not going to be worth my while to read much further.

Take care,

Ed
What Ed said works for me. As to the original article it is 99 and 44/100ths bull shit.