View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I believe that the old guard, Pelosi, HRC, and so many of the others are lost in the past, still fighting old battles that newer generations of voters neither understand nor care about. You won't get far preaching 40+ year old issues at people who were born in the '90s.

What the Democratic Party needs is someone who can effectively communicate WHY so many people must work multiple jobs, WHY so many manufacturing jobs moved overseas and why it's unlikely that we'll ever see a return of the "glory days" of gigantic factories that employ thousands of low skilled people at high wages. WHY WE NEED TO GET AND STAY FOCUSED ON THE FUTURE AND LET THE PAST GO. They should be exposing how whack-o conspiracy theorists and bible-thumper zealots are controlling the narrative over on the other side of the isle. (I recently hung out on a right wing chat room and read hundreds of hilarious posts on "What is God trying to tell Conservatives with all these Hurricanes?". Oy, Oy, Oy......)
I have to admit that I am one of those who was geared up on the past but have come slowly to your conclusion that it is time to let go; that the new paradigm is too powerful, too pervasive and if a worker does not adjust quickly he/she will be swept under.

'How to survive in the gig economy' is the now theme for the youngsters.

What was also galling to me was the tremendous change in the pension experience. I discovered I was really fortunate to receive a private pension.

Got a big laugh from "What is God .....all these hurricanes?".

BTW Linda Sanchez is bold.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-06-2017 at 10:47 AM.