View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Bingo, buddy ! When my granmother passed in 2002 at 104, there was a "substantial" estate...By the time the Infernal Rip-You-Off Servitute boys got done w/us, they'd got 78% of it...We had enuff left to pay the lawyers, the women that stayed w/her 24/7 for the last 18 months of her life, & that was it. When you have an estate of somewhere between $1 million to about $5 million or so, which is where I think this was, the tax code's set up to Rip You A New One...And yes, ALL my gran's estate had been taxed at the full amount all along, its not like we were tax cheats or anything...Where's the "fairness" in that ?!? I got her house, which I subsequently sold, & was told I was lucky I didn't have to pay taxes on THAT...I mean, I'm no lawyer or accountant, my granparents worked hard all their lives, scrimped & saved, never doling much of it out, played by the rules, & we still got zapped...
Come on Sandy, yer just pissed that the Infernal Revenuoors won't let ya set up a still, but they wanna tax yeu iffin' yeu do.

Reckon life just ain't fair. Then they move the goalposts.

Chas