View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Interestingly, there's a study out now that says there may indeed be violent breeds of humans:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/n...ry_149157.html
Wow...the NIH and the Swedes are just figuring out that there may be a genetic component, eh?

Bio-Psycho-Social. Everything is Bio-Psycho-Social. There's a biological component, a psychological component, and a socialization component. And the biological and social components both have a profound effect on psychological development.

The data however, enormous amounts of data, will always continue to remind us that anti-social behavior, sociopathological behavior, psycopathological behavior...whatever we want to call it this week...is most evident in those who have had a history of abuse and or neglect in their early development. Those who have the bio part, the genetic load will be more susceptible to developing the actual conduct disordered behavior as children and subsequent anti-social behavior as adults, than those without the genetic load. There are plenty of people (the majority actually) who have horrendous early developmental histories and never exhibit "un-human" (in-human?) behaviors. But it's pretty rare to find anybody who exhibits those behaviors who hasn't had the bad developmental history. It's occasionally found in the psychotic, but those behaviors don't really appear in the psychotic with any greater frequency than in the general population.

I read the article three times and I don't believe anything in it suggested that these scientists looked at anything outside of genetics. There was even the, what I consider to be, silly-ass comment that there are probably many other genes involved in these behaviors. So it appears that having a daddy who gave you a choice between the belt, the board and the pipe wrench for tonight's beating has nothing to do with it...at least according to these guys.

One thing I left out is that it's pretty much the double fuck for children who have had violently abusive parents as they're more likely to have the genetic loading as well as the environmental experience.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-30-2014 at 05:09 PM.