View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Oh, it's much older than that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

John
And we can go to the British/French games playing to get the Arabs to fight for them during WW I and Lawrence of Arabia and on and on. So why blame it all on the Jews? It was the League of Nations that settled them in Palestine. If history is correct it was the Arabs that started the fighting by slaughtering a group of settlers. Then the Hatfield McCoy thing got started.

They can get along with each other I know from personal experience. While I was lecturing in Herzilya my hosts took me to dinner ay a Palestinian restaurant where it was obvious they were well know by the owner and good friends.

As long as Hamas insists that there is no right for the state to exist discussion is impossible. They plead poverty yet can build million dollar tunnels from Gaza into Israel. With their penchant for suicide bombings Florence did not sleep well until I called her from JFK to tell her I was back. The funny thing us that the people at the lecture treated me with more respect and kindness that I was ever shown here.

Having lived through several wars since WW II I have never observed that blame is always one sided.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-25-2015 at 03:43 PM.