View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You know what Noonereal, you exhibit all of the classic, arrogant liberal traits which drive people into the conservative movement.

"FIX" network, "hard working chumps", "it's sad when people vote against their own best interests", etc. You dismiss everything to the left of your personal viewpoint out of hand, as though it's not worthy of any consideration.

The left has played this game for a long time. They paint themselves as enlightened and highly intelligent. Their candidates take on a rock star personna, and are addressed by one name, such as "Hillary" or "Obama". Bill Clinton was a policy wonk, Hillary was the "world's smartest woman", and Obama can do anything short of walk on water.

As one of the "chumps" who is simply a tool of the right wing puppetmasters, and too stupid to vote in my best interests, I'd just like to point out a couple of things. I not only vote much of the time on principle, but as often as not on what I perceive as not only in my best interests, but also in the best interests of the nation.

"Facts are facts", huh? Politics and mathematics are not the same thing. But I'll give you one fact...YOUR opinion of what's best for me is not the same as MY opinion of what's best for me.

I will admit, there are a lot of really smart liberals. But again, there are a lot of really smart conservatives. They just have a different philosophy.

But the REALLY smart ones don't go around trying to piss off the opposition, because if they expect to get anything done, they're gonna need them.

Chas
Did not mean to insult you but why not then offer your opinion as to why after decades of opposing health care McCain is now offering something?
Do you also disagree as to why he is on Fox?