View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
As many times as I'm out of line, I figger an apology here and there doesn't hurt a thing.

Let's say that this apology covers the times that I HAVE been out of line with you...and I know I have. James Beam may have put me up to it, but the responsibility still falls on me.

Take care,

Chas
Bottom line is that I'm arrogant enough to think that I can engage in an intelligent conversation, but it's difficult to have a conversation with people who aren't present. If every point is made by quoting someone else, particularly some wingnut blogger, there is no ability to engage and explore the reasons behind the post. I get impatient when the dialogue is nothing more than trading (or in this case, repeating) insults. I have been known to throw out an insult or two myself, although sometimes I try to hide them. I find it worthwhile to spend some time here reading and learning a thing or two, and I actually enjoy reading the contrary point of view as well. I think as a group we have established some standards here, but would probably have to confess that my patience with flamethrowers is shorter from the right than from the left.

Regards,

D-Ray

Last edited by d-ray657; 05-08-2010 at 09:55 PM.