View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Hitler's ideology was largely based upon a 1916 book by the American author Madison Grant, The Passing of the Great Race, which Hitler referred to as "his Bible" for its views on the exalted "Nordic race" and the need for racial purity. It was published 3 years prior to the Treaty of Versailles.

FWIW, it remains the Bible for America's NeoNazi movement per Richard Spencer, one of America's most prominent NeoNazi's (and outspoken Trump fanboy).

As for "we blew it with Hitler," Hitler launched WWII over 2 years before we entered it (as a result of Pearl Harbor). Blaming the USA for Hitler or Putin is profoundly stupid and dismisses their own culpability.
I agree very much with the first part of your post. However, by "we" I meant the rest of Europe and also the US. And by "Hitler", I really meant Germany. Sorry about the imprecision in that last part. When I said "rise of the Nazi's", implied was the rise of Hitler.

BTW, Associating Trump with Spencer is like associating vegetarians, tea totallers or dog lovers with Hitler.