View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 02:55 PM
Banned

The thing is...when I got Microsoft on the phone, I again turned the equipment over to the Microsoft tech who spent at least an hour cleaning up anything that might possibly need cleaning up. Including removal of software I was not using...but again I have not loaded more than a half dozen software items, one of them being firefox. The Microsoft tech finally gave up and blamed it all on Acer, who blamed it all on Microsoft.

Y'know...the other problem I have with Microsoft is that Gates finally learned his lesson from Jobs and has realized that this is not about having good computing products but all about selling shit. So MS is watching every fucking move you make and popping ads up multiple times a day pitching some crap or others. And then there's the Office 365 that we can pay for every month for the rest of our lives. And speaking of that...when I was searching around for help I found a blog that said that anybody who has an original Office 97 disc and the key will find that it works on Windows 10. And by golly, it does. Of course it won't open word or excel docs created on current versions...but it works fine otherwise.