View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
There's probably a goodly number of these that are real deadbeats.

If it's student loans and/or medical bills I think those debts should be written off because I think education and medical care should be provided by the government for free. As for debts from people buying toys they couldn't afford they should be sent to prison camps to do hard labor for 25 cents an hour until they are worked off, fucken deadbeats.
I agree with the medical debt, not so much the student loan debt. You don't have to take out a loan to get an education. Medical emergencies are just that.

But back to the OP, I was stunned when I read this news. it's even worse when you consider that 1 in 5 adults with a credit history have no debt at all. That ups the deadbeat quotient to what, about 45% of people who have debt? Then you see where the average debt is about $53,000 not taking into account mortgages. WTF are these folks buying?

I've heard that there's a lot of rich wannabe folks out there driving their Lexus, Cadillac and other luxury cars to their trophy homes who own absolutely nothing. I make good money and I've never understood how all these people can possibly afford these things when I know I can't. I think I see it now. They're up to their eyeballs in debt.

My total debt is about 35% of my annual salary, that includes the mortgage. But I like to pay cash for stuff.

Last edited by MrPots; 07-30-2014 at 04:04 PM.