View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Chronology

3 November 1969: Received letter from Violet Boggs, clerk of Local Board No. 112, Clearwater, Fla. ordering me to report to AFEES (Armed Forces Entry and Examination Station) Jacksonville, Fl on Nov. 24th, 1969 for induction into the Armed Forces of the United States.

4 November 1969: Enlisted in the United States Air Force to avoid pending induction.

1 Dec. 1969: The first draft lottery numbers went into effect. I drew 298 which would never have been called. The highest they got to was something like 195. So I missed getting out of the military and going to Vietnam by one fucking month. At the time I thought I was the most unlucky SOB ever. But looking back on it, I'm glad it went the way it did. I am proud to be a Veteran, even though I only enlisted under duress of the draft and only served as an REMF.
Ha, Ha, Ha.......!

Proud to be a veteran of a war and military service you wanted to avoid?

No wonder why you're a fan of Donnie "Bone Spurs" Trump. Jesus, what passes for a "hawk" these days is amazing. Monty Python couldn't have conceived of this.