View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Yes, but he is hailing, beckoning members of the collusion crowd.
They are not biting.
The most serious aspect of this - beyond Clinton's pirating of the DNC - is not the last sentence that I added anyway. The Dems have voiced concerns about losses down-ballot in the last election, and the lack of a "bench" for national races. Here's certainly on big reason why - no money. And the Clinton campaigned starved the DNC's efforts to make money available for those races.

Right around the time of the convention, the leaked emails revealed Hillary’s campaign was grabbing money from the state parties for its own purposes, leaving the states with very little to support down-ballot races. A Politico story published on May 2, 2016, described the big fund-raising vehicle she had launched through the states the summer before, quoting a vow she had made to rebuild “the party from the ground up … when our state parties are strong, we win. That’s what will happen.”

Yet the states kept less than half of 1 percent of the $82 million they had amassed from the extravagant fund-raisers Hillary’s campaign was holding, just as Gary had described to me when he and I talked in August.

EDIT: And of course, as Brazile points out - part of HIllary's campaign message was campaign finance reform. LOL!

Last edited by whell; 11-02-2017 at 09:15 AM.