View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:58 PM

I went straight to this:

"The Health Care Marketplace

Changing the Tax Treatment of Health Coverage. Ownership of health insurance must be shifted away from third parties to those who are actually using it. In place of the current Federal tax law creating the market distortion – the individual income tax exclusion for employer-sponsored health insurance – every American (except those enrolled in Medicare or a military health plan) will have the option to receive a refundable tax credit – $2,300 for individuals and $5,700 for families – to pay for health coverage. The tax credit is available solely for the purchase of health care. A family or individual may apply the credit to an employer-sponsored plan, if available, or to an alternative plan that better suits their needs. Employers continuing to offer insurance continue to claim contributions as a business expense deduction."

$5,700 for a family? I happen to have a pay stub in front of me so I checked. I have employer sponsered health insurance. I know they're paying a hunk of change into it. Even with that, I'm spending $5,212.56 a year. That's just my share- after the company pays their share. I can't imagine that $5,700 is enough.

These are the same people who said a Public Option would result in businesses no longer offering health insurance. Now they offer a plan desiged exactly to do that. And hey, if you can't afford insurance as good as you used to have, you'll probably have to change yoru doctor- the other sin they cast at the Democrats plan. Sounds a lot like the Government getting between me and my doctor.

And that's overlooking the big point that many people would still not get insurance and we'd still have all the problems we have now.