View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Nope, sorry. The phrase officially became the national motto in 1956 and began appearing on paper currency in 1957. In fact, it was affirmed in the House earlier this month as the national motto by an overwhelming margin: only 9 "no" votes and 2 "abstain" votes.

Therefore, it is an icon of culture in this country. You don't want it on your license plate, you can get out a Sharpie and cross it out....right after you move to Georgia.
Ahhhh, the 1950s. Interesting period. Some of our most interesting propaganda comes from that era, doesn't it? "Commies" in every closet and so on,.......oh, there's lots of it. Government sponsored conformity, followed by the counter-culture revolution of the 1960s. Action-reaction. Tyranny, followed by rebellion. Kind of like the rise of organized labor following the industrial revolution.

Last I heard, Church attendence continues to decline. How does that make you feel, Mike?

Personally, I couldn't care less if more people do go back to church. It's really none of my business, how others choose to worship. And as long as no one tries to make it my business, there will be no trouble.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-30-2011 at 01:39 PM.