Thread: "Grilling Out"
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
I am really not hard core at all - I am a gab, and at times overdo it (don't we all).

I agree with many of the initiatives from the Democratic side to help the less fortunate. I also believe in accounting for every dollar we send to the people responsible for administering any and all initiatives.

The money wasted (and just outright lost) is staggering and criminal. Real oversight and accounting of defense, domestic, and foreign affairs budgets would save so much we could fund every program out there and have money left over. It would take guts, a steel will, and the knowledge you would have no friends and many enemies. There is a lot of graft - a WHOLE lot of graft.

It just seems like common sense to me.
Washington operates with two kinds of auditing: lightweight, and completely fake.

Business would be the same*, if the government didn't pass laws and jail people who cook the books. But there's no meta-government to do that to the government.

* well, mostly. Except business does need some accurate data to keep from going broke. Government doesn't have that problem.