Thread: Mornin', gents
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Hell of a shot!! You must of sat there watching the trajectory like you trough a hook down the bowling lanes. Come on come Yeah!!!

Ya It's been awhile for me also. I move house twice and never set a bench back up to load. Then three other hobbies later (Classic Cars, Photography, HiFi,) shooting and hunting got pushed back about 18 years. That 270 is a hard hitter Which manufacture is the riffle?

I had a Ruger #1 in the 270 & 243 both with leupold 20x30 mounted on them. Never really needed the 270 here in Cali but the 243 got me two dears. I started getting into Archery hunting as well making my own arrows wood and aluminum. Now Im feeling nostalgic of times past. I miss it but not all the work, it's not easy to hunt. Packing dear out of the woods getting them back home fast. I wonder if I'm too old now?
My rifle is an older and very pretty Remington 700 ADL with a walnut stock and a 3-9 Vari-XII Leopold scope.

Actually, I bowhunt far more than I hunt with any other weapon. I've killed well over 50 deer with a bow in the past 25 years. I also make all my own arrows (Easton 2413's) and use 100 grain Thunderheads for my broadhead. We have an amazing number of deer around here. You're allowed 6 bucks (2 bucks each with bow, muzzleloader and modern firearm) and unlimited does with all weapons. When my sons were still in the house, we'd frequently kill up to a dozen a year and give away a lot of meat. Now, I shoot one or two with a bow during the rut (early November) and that's about it.