View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Let me put it this way. My firm's services are part of the benefits the union provides. Over the years we have been able to get the jobs back for hundreds of workers through the arbitration process. We have been able to enforce the wage and hour laws for the benefit of workers, the Family and Medical Leave Act, Title VII, the WARN Act, ERISA, and other laws, and usually at half of the hourly rate of the folks sitting across the table. Why the lower rate? Because our fees are paid with union dues and because I sleep better at night knowing that my services were not used to screw the workers.

Regards,

D-Ray
Don, no rightwinger is going to understand this;

".....I sleep better at night knowing that my services were not used to screw the workers."

They think this just makes you a fool for not seizing the opportunity to make the big money, or they think you're lying. That you're really a millionaire, cruising around in a Bently lighting c-notes with a $50 cigar.....on the workers dime.

I became pretty good friends with the union rep that made those a-holes honor their contractual commitment and advised me well on how to protect myself for the following three years. I'd been to his home and met his family. They were not "wealthy" by any measure. I know the truth, I've experienced it.

Dave