Thread: Jesus
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 10:44 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Without getting down a huge rabbit trail, I consider this life to be like a test and boot camp.

I also compare it to a "life simulation" video game. Our bodies are what the bible calls the "natural man". Our spiritual man is inserted into it (at belief) and is instructed to subdue it. We occupy the body in the same way a person may occupy a "self driving" car.

Which brings up the other aspect. A natural man without a spiritual person in it is an NPC. I was an NPC before I became a follower of Christ.

And I don't believe in "hell and suffering" for the lost. I think that they simply die. The natural man NPC body, that is. But the believers live on in the "real world".

This life is like a life in the womb, and death is the journey down the birth canal into the "real world". And as with the analogy, the real world is a much better and more fulfilling place than the world we occupy before death.

But none of that is "scripture". It's me trying to explain it with analogies. Nobody knows until they experience it.
Non-scriptural. It is of course possible to make up amendments to orthodox christianity, that cause it to make somewhat more sense. But other belief, or lack of belief, may make even more sense.