View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
^^I already implied that in my previous post, no new refineries are going to be built in the US, certainly not in the next decade. As for oil companies carping about environmental restrictions, what is new? As a Chem E, I do not know what the middle ground is, but in general I will say that Chemical companies are not to be trusted when it comes to protecting the environment. There are way too many loopholes and lobbyists that can get waivers locally. My advisor used to say that the only solution to pollution is "don't do it".

In my opinion, nuclear energy is a hell of a lot easier than dealing with fossil fuels. But we as a country are addicted to fossil fuels.
Petrofuels still have their appropriate applications where direct electrical power isn't practical or efficient.
It's not just energy addiction, it's also petroleum derivatives for chemicals and plastics making petro a global industry in the broadest sense, I expect an additional tech, rather than a total conversion from petro to electric in the foreseeable future.

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-13-2023 at 09:40 PM.