View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I have what I regard as a healthy reservation for the medical industry. This is based on personal experience. My wife used to take the drug Actos. One day I noticed on the tv pronouncements by lawyers relating to said drug. My wife consulted her doctor who told her to stop taking the drug because it's dangerous. WFT. He knew that! Anyhow she continued to see him because she had total confidence in anyone with the title doctor.

Actos is now banned in Germany, France, and India.
In USA Big Pharma went all out in defense of Actos.
Actos has been identified as a possible cause of bladder cancer in type 2 diabetes patients who require a high dosage and who require long term medication therapy. For those for whom other medications may not be working effectively, it is still prescribed here. There are lots of meds that require significant continuous medical observation for dangerous side effects. Some patients take Actos because other type 2 diabetes meds aren't effective and they don't want their diabetes to kill them.

You're so black and white. If a doctor fucked up because your wife has type 1 diabetes or is a cancer survivor, or has other contra-indications, change doctors...but under good medical supervision, Actos is an effective medication for type 2 diabetes.

Maybe the French and German governments are concerned that too many physicians are lousy physicians who can't be trusted. So let's blame the pharmaceutical companies.

There are problems with big pharma in this country...created by Republican deregulation in government. Pharmaceutical companies do well in Europe even though pricing is controlled and pharmaceutical company policies are frequently evaluated by the single payer healthcare systems. Republicans don't want any of that interference with the pharmaceutical industry because Republicans don't want to be seen as anti-business.

Republicans are fucked up assholes all the way around.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-25-2023 at 07:58 AM.