View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well, at least you attempted to read up on it. The "official story" is that the guy retired. But, it's no secret that his activities have come under scrutiny. I suspect that his seat was going to get a bit hot if he continued to stick around. ,
I usually skip stories like this, lots of innuendos and no one can be certain what really happens in a secretive agency till they write a book. But the more I look into this, sounds like a hit job by Chuck Grossly as a payback for this.

Quote:
CNN-

If you listen closely enough, politicians will usually tell you the truth – even if they don’t do it on purpose. Witness Sen. Chuck Grassley, accepting the endorsement of former President Donald Trump at a rally over the weekend in Iowa.

“I was born at night, but not last night,” Grassley told the crowd with Trump standing next to him onstage. “So if I didn’t accept the endorsement of a person who has 91% of the Republican voters in Iowa, I wouldn’t be too smart. I’m smart enough to accept that endorsement.”

The crowd laughed and applauded.

But notice what Grassley actually said: He wants Trump’s endorsement not necessarily because he admires him or agrees with him on policy or thinks the former President has a vision to lead America forward. Instead, he wants Trump’s endorsement because Trump is popular with the GOP base. That’s it. It’s that simple. Pure political calculus for a politician running for another term in November 2022.
Trump is under heat from the Justice Department, FBI raided his home/private club to take back what he shouldn't have taken, Hunter has been an easy target for the GOP, so they took a cheap shot. Wondering if Grassley, yet another Red state sleep walking senator needed Trump's endorsement? Btw, Grassley's hit job is based on whistleblower information and as such unvetted.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/15/polit...owa/index.html

Last edited by Rajoo; 08-30-2022 at 10:09 PM.