View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Agreed that it is sad. I know the comment about the chosen few was tongue in cheek, but if you look at us we are really the outcasts. We engage here in the conversations that are forbidden at AK. In any event, I thought that we could be governed by the concept that this is a marketplace of ideas, but it hard to have a market when there are some who insist on knocking over the apple cart.

By the way, glad to see you poking you head in every once in a while.

Regards,

D-Ray
I've always been of the notion that if you can ignore a problem long enough, it will take care of itself. And 99% of the time that is the case.

Unfortunately, you're Marshall Dillion. You have accepted the responsibility to go forth and settle issues of which even you are not positive of who is the "good" guy or the "bad" one. Which puts you in a bad situation, as it counters your innate appreciation of the free flow of ideas...thus free flowing discourse...no matter what the level.

In other words, you have become one of those your abhor.

You know, when I was young I wanted power...not so much to control people, but to prevent them from controlling me. And I have achieved a certain amount of it.

The flip side of the coin is it comes with responsibility. Hell, I don't wanna be the boss, but I don't for sure wanna be the serf.

Are my intoxicated ramblings making any sense?

Chas