View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Heck, our 2nd Amendment didn't stop Obama from coming to power and the wingnuts insist he's as bad as Hitler.
Which still leaves me flabbergasted. I can't envision Hitler supporting gay marriage or cutting the military budget and I'm pretty sure his stance on Civil Rights would be something other than liberal, to say the least.........

Pete accused me of playing the "Nazi card" a little while ago. I had spent a couple hours the previous day reading posts and doing battle on a wingnut site (www.breakingobama.com) arguing about the Holocaust. It seems that Obama the Nazi is trying to take our guns so's he can stuff us into the cattle cars and exterminate us in FEMA camps......

At one point a self described Tea Party member bemoaned, "...the class of people joining the (TP) movement."

I predict self destruction.

Anyhow, I don't believe that, at any point, would nearly unrestricted private gun ownership, a la the USA, have prevented the rise of the Third Reich. If anything, it may have exacerbated the problem as Germanys wingnuts would have caught onto the patriotic fervor and flagwaiving horseshit and become a part of the problem. (As they apparently did?)

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-28-2013 at 01:52 PM.