View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
In general, I don't believe in conspiracy theories because of the number of people who would need to be involved, their complexity of doing things involving multiple government agencies and involve only people loyal to the conspiracy, and the inability for anybody in Washington to keep a secret.
In general, I agree Finbow. That's why I don't delve into each of these "conspiracies" further. I only use them as examples to build up a rational explanation of how 2 DEM/REP administrations (16 years) managed to mangle our foreign policy on Iraq so badly.

But, when the govt "shuts down" and investigation or redirects it intentionally, like in the case of Flight 800, there are fewer secrets to hide. And trust me on this (you too D-Ray), when an airplane crashes and the CIA gets called in to make a cartoon depiction of the data on the flight data recorder for release to the network news agencies, rather than the NTSB or the FCC, somethin's not right...

You can hide stuff pretty efficiently, even with thousands of folk involved. Why do you think that WikiLeaks was such a big deal?

Usually, conspiracies start BECAUSE the govt does something stupid or suspicious. Like losing the big metal door at the Branch Davidian compound that would have contained evidence of who fired first. Incompetence? Hard to tell. But when you have Texas Ranger witnesses saying the FBI carted off that door -- voila --- you have a conspiracy.

Or when the govt decides to do a limited release of the flight voice recorder for Flt 93, the 9/11 jet crashed in Penn -- but CLASSIFY the flight data recorder and NOT release that item which would reveal if perhaps WE shot it down, -- voila -- another conspiracy.

In almost ALL of the most convincing conspiracies I know, the govt has the ability to quash them IMMEDIATELY by releasing some key information, but for some dam reason, just decides to let them flail... Incompetence? or Hiding something? The conspirisists claim hiding, the non-believers must think it's just incompetence.. Advantage to ---- the conspirisists...

Hey -- just like Obama's long form certificate!!
Maybe a new age of clearing the air???