View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM

D-ray::

Quote:
The distrust of the government exhibited in your initial post sounds like some of the statements that people were nailing Rev. Jeremiah Wright for making.
Distrust of a govt as large and powerful and corruptable as ours is a GOOD thing. I guess I'll grant the Reverend that. And I support him in his "American's chickens -- are coming home to roost" statement after 9.11. Because the left USUALLY tries to excuse brutal murders by trying to understand the motives and victimhood of the accused. So asking WHY AL Queada attacked us is a valid and interesting question even if it doesn't advise as to what our reaction should be. And if you listened to OBL, his main justifications for 9.11 were:

A) our pummeling and deprivation of the Iraqi people for too long.
B) presence of American Forces on the Arabian Peninsula to support the "containment".
(and a whole bunch of irrelevent distorted other reasons)

As much as it pains anyone to admit it. Bush's war solved BOTH the containment action and the bases in Saudi.

But Reverend Wright goes waaay too far in EXCUSING himself from the actions of America and criticizing by EXCLUDING himself as co-responsible for this country's action. I can't do that. I AM a citizen of this country and I am responsible for it's actions..