View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I stayed in Mensa for one year as that was what I signed up for but never joined again. They struck me a bunch of puzzle solvers and that was about it. Met a few real people there, but I had a life to live and coud not spare the time.

We had a meeting with Leonard Cohen the poet. He started off by stating that highly intelligent people rarely understood poetry. A woman in fron of me responded by saying that was probably true of all men. I responded that if you consider that in that day's society men were mainly raised by women, the bulk of their teachers were women, if she was not happy with the end result she should not blame us. I don't think she liked me.

Good reply! I'm all for people gathering with like minds... ideas or interests but in the end...its what you contribute with your attributes that really matters in society. And...some with less numbers on the scale accomplish more...have more friends than money. I never did see a Brinks truck follow a hearse to a cemetery...Did you? Can't take it with you when you go.
Might as well dole it out to those you choose before the fact.

Last edited by painter; 06-29-2009 at 07:08 AM.