Thread: Quran vs Bible
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Rob, you have to look outside your own experience and refuse to draw universal conclusions based on one incident or one individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
John you are reading into my words just what you want to see and not what is on the screen. On five separate occasions Muslim men went out of their way to annoy and even threaten my late wife.
Rob, my point is in the bold text above. It doesn't matter whether it's one or five, both vanishingly small numbers whether you compare it to the world population of Muslims or even the number of Muslims you and Florence have interacted with.

Quote:
These were to only ones to do so, no Christians, no Jews.
That proves nothing. It's like flipping a coin. How it came up the last time, or even the last five times, doesn't affect or predict how it'll come up the next time.

Quote:
Must I like every Muslim, Christian or Jew? Rather unrealistic wouldn't you say?
No, quite the opposite in fact. There will be some individuals you'll like and some you won't if you treat them as individuals. That's the way it's supposed to work. Of course, if you form an opinion of all members of a group based on negative experience with five individuals, that's just as misguided (and a lot more damaging to all concerned) as liking them all.