View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
How is that "for the wealthy"? We live in a solidly middle class area, and there are plenty of parents who sacrifice for their kids and send them to schools of their choice, or home school. Our city actually has a pretty good school system to boot: not the very best but a long way from the worst. So these parents not only pay taxes to support the city school system, they pay tuition to the school of their choice. Why shouldn't they get some relief from "double-paying" to send their kids to the school of their choice?
I sent my son to private schools, because they provided smaller classrooms resulting in more focused education for him. He went on to graduate from a public university.

I'm fortunate that I was able to afford it. Most parents can't. I certainly don't mind paying my share of providing our kids with free public education, even now that I no longer have kids in school. They are our future, after all. I fail to comprehend how selfish Repubes have SUCH difficulty understanding such basic things.