View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
It was red or gold bud Colombo for me, back in the day. Seems like the prez is courting the law and order crowd lately here. Shut down the medical pot stores and lost the county a huge chunk of tax revenue. Shades of the Harry Anslinger days. There's a name from the bad old days.
Same as the good new days...it's against the law.

Which brings up a story, and you're gonna hear it even if it makes you puke.

Back when I was a turn key at the joint, they sent Warren and myself to a housing unit, can't remember why, unless they were trying to punish me by making me work with that stupid son-of-a bitch.

When we got back to the control center, Warren ran in and said, "They're smoking POT over there"!!!

The LT said, "How about that Moore, they smoking pot over there?"

Being honest to a fault, I said, "Smelled more like opium to me."

Reckon I showed my cards!!!

Considering that the Sgt & Lt were retired military, and the Cap had been there even longer than the Warden, their response surprised me.

One of them said,"Yeah, I can remember when them fuckers were smoking that shit first thing in the morning."

The Cap said, "Yeah, the bastards didn't cause near as much trouble back then as they do now."

At first I though I had just screwed up big time. Then I began to appreciate that these boys had been around the block a time or two, and I had gained a certain amount of respect for not only being honest, but for the fact that I'd been around the block a little myself...unlike that stupid son-of -a bitch Warren.

I guess what I'm saying is while there are cops who would arrest their own mother for spitting on the sidewalk, there are plenty of them that have been down the prim rose path and ain't out to ruin anyone's life, unless you want them to.

Chas

BTW: If you ever sampled what we used to grow, you wouldn't have used Columbian to cut Prince Albert.