View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Looks like it will happen. The leaked draft puts a fine point on the takeover feared yet hoping would not happen.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/02/polit...urt/index.html

This argument by the "Christian" or "Religious" has always bothered me. About life and the beginning there of. I beg to ask, do they in reality actually believe in a after life at all. Secretly have doubts and seek to reinforce or bolster this failing by their opposition.

For if they believed in a afterlife a heaven and a all powerful. Then just what do they think would happen. The child goes to heaven skipping the suffering on earth, goes into another body....

Now it is easier to understand their arguments if this is it, one and done. No afterlife to go to.

As to my personal thoughts. Like to think if faced with the decision would choose life over an abortion. As a male never had the fears of getting pregnant or a partner with a unwanted one.

Sad how the same ones who are pushing so hard on the abortion issues also fight just as hard for gun rights....

In all these years of mine one of the life lessons have learned. Religion and hypocrisy are the two sides of the same coin.
It's about protecting the innocent. And the Old Testament is about protecting order from chaos. Do you think it should be ok to murder people who have crossed you because you will be sending them to a better place?

I partly agree with you regarding the "hell on earth" concept. It's the only place I believe real "hell" exists, BTW. Abortion does seem to be a litmus test for many. Regarding the SCOTUS, I think they are deciding whether there is an absolute right to abortion protected in the constitution. It's hard to say "keep your hands off my body" is a right, when you're forcing people to get vaccines. So that argument may be going out the window.

But ultimately, it is a state's rights issue. That is, the SCOTUS are not deciding whether or not abortion should be legal. They are deciding whether the decision to make it illegal should be put in the hands of each individual country within the federation we call the United States.