Thread: 18 and Dead.
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Well you see you call the police so that they can take care of the robber. That is what they are paid to do. Here in California they are paid quite well and receive good pensions, which you are paying for Dan however you yourself probably will not ever receive a pension. Just an assumption on my part. So only a fool would try to battle a robber stealing something from his store as mundane as cigars. If the robber has a gun you may just get killed.

I am not romantic about the Police. They are public servants that are expected to do a job that is difficult and at times very dangerous and also very unthankful. But that is what they sign up for and most of them know that.

I don't care what names you call me Dan. I mean it is not like you are someone people look up to.
Here in Virginia, store employees are told by their own managers and the law to let shoplifters walk. A case of beer is not worth an employee and/or innocent bystanders getting killed over, which is what we had before. Interestingly, shoplifting has not increased. It seems that a kleptomaniac is going to steal regardless of the risks.

Surveillance cameras catch images of thieves which are then posted in the stores and on t.v. news.

It works.

Dave