View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Area Man

1st Amendment facing challenge in NC.

Here we go again. The US Constitution ONLY applies to the Federal Government? A State can create a Theocracy if they so desire?

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...1&e=b6712cf0bc

What is going on in this country? Are Christians in North Carolina really this afraid of competing cults? (.....Oh, sorry, I meant to say "religions", my bad.....)

I don't get how anyone can think that the US Constitution protects individual rights and then support a law that clearly violates an individuals right to worship (Or not) as they see fit at the state level.

I thought conservatives regarded such rights as "God given"? In fact there was some Conservative NRA hack going on about the "God-given right to defend oneself" using this very argument on t.v. recently. Well, if "God" gave you the right to choose your own spiritual path, or own assault rifles, as you see fit, then how can government at ANY level take that away?

These people are nuts. I'm sorry, but I really do believe that. When anyone in the federal government does so much as say "Holiday Tree" rather than "Christmas Tree", we have to listen to a bunch of noise about religious freedom beng attacked. But, if a state like NC tries to pass a law establishing a state religion........Oh, well, that's just fine and dandy. Non-Christians in NC that don't like it can just go to hell or move to Arizona, f**k'em.

How is this "religious freedom"? Where is the "individuals right to choose" in that?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-03-2013 at 04:20 PM.