View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
WASHINGTON — The C.I.A., the F.B.I. and the White House may all agree that Russia was behind the hacking that interfered with the election. But that was of no import to the website Breitbart News, which dismissed reports on the intelligence assessment as “left-wing fake news.”

Rush Limbaugh has diagnosed a more fundamental problem. “The fake news is the everyday news” in the mainstream media, he said on his radio show recently. “They just make it up.”...

Until now, that term had been widely understood to refer to fabricated news accounts that are meant to spread virally online. But conservative cable and radio personalities, top Republicans and even Mr. Trump himself, incredulous about suggestions that fake stories may have helped swing the election, have appropriated the term and turned it against any news they see as hostile to their agenda.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/25/us...am-media-.html

This is exactly the point I made way back in post #16 of this thread in full recognition that Whell is carrying the water of those like Limbaugh who want to portray real news that is unfavorable to the conservative agenda as "fake news."
Repeat a lie often enough . . .

Oh, well. I might just as well jump to the conclusion that "I love Big Brother."