View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Like I said. I get confirmation in the most interesting ways.

But what the hell...let's say "Democrats" use immigration as a political tool. And then let's put everything that both sides use as political tools on a continuum. Y'know...put immigration up against...guns as a political tool...or fear mongering racism as a political tool...or sticking your noses into American women's reproductive organs as a political tool...or voter suppression as a political tool...or union busting as a political tool...or teaching Genesis in science class as a political tool...I got dozens more where these came from. And let's see where these political tools rank on the despicable scale. Political tools of the right...these things have been on the top of my despicable political tool list for over 4 decades. "Openness and honesty from the right...my ass.

I don't have to create a comparative list of useful political tools. I did it a long time ago. And it's why I've been a progressive all my life.

One last fucking thing. I didn't bring up party. I'm comparing progressives with conservatives...when I do that it's always you people who bring up "Democrats." It's always you people who resort to "party" labels. It's all you got.
You want to preclude people with huge political and judicial power.