View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Loyal Opposition

Several sources debunk Barton's attempts to re-write the history of the United States Constitution. Some of those sources are atheist organizations who have an agenda of their own. This is unfortunate in that it creates the impression that those who do not support falsification of American history are anti-Christian. In my introduction here, I stated my hope to see the meaning of Christianity rescued from the religious right. It is essential to the freedom of religion to prevent excessive entanglement by religion into the operation of government, and vice versa. Any organization that seeks to make our government responsible for the promotion of a particular set of religious principles puts the freedom of every American at risk. The process of governing, with the necessary compromises entailed in advancing legislation, does not work well with unyielding religious views preventing completion. In the same way, the compromises made in public life do not translate well to one's personal system of beliefs. We need not re-write history to undo a system that has made the United States the most religious nation in the world.

Regards,

D-Ray