View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Area Man

I support the second amendment, but believe our society has developed a serious problem that involves the misuse of guns. I believe we take too lightly the he-man bravado we surely possess that leads to our flippant attitude towards these deadly weapons. They are not toys. Collecting them is not like collecting Hummel figurines or Lps. Unlike nearly every other item people collect, most of them are designed to kill and have little to no other purpose.

It's time for us to begin treating them as such.

Browse through Youtube........It's full of people teaching small children how to fire guns and people using them in assinine and unsafe ways. I've been to the homes of people who have loaded guns laying around everywhere...and I'm sorry, but after you talk to such people for a few minutes, it becomes obvious that it's because they're paranoid.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is some truth to the assertion that "Guns don't kill people, people do." and it's this;

I've met the crazy people and it is us.

The numbers don't lie, our track record for gun violence is, AFAIK, the worst in the world, save for countries embroiled in outright war and everyone but the average American seems to know it.

What to do? I'm not sure. Because, as I've said, I support the second amendment. I would like to retain the right to own a gun, should I decide I need one. But, bear in mind, it's only the massive proliferation of guns and the Dirty Harry attitude of my fellow countrymen towards them that has me thinking about it.

In summation; You people are fucking whacked and you're beginning to frighten me.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-15-2012 at 02:13 PM.