View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Russia probe has been the number one story in the US for two years and the nation has been waiting with bated breath for the release of the report and now several news sources are reporting that the report is imminent. Like it or not, the WashPost is one of the premier sources of national political news in the country and it would malpractice to not report on the imminent release of this widely anticipated report if they have insight on its release.

I challenged you to read the article you cited and point out any obvious bias and you demurred. BTW, Fox News reported the same thing yesterday.
You still don't get the point, or you're being purposefully obtuse. I'll state it again:

A speculative report from anonymous sources about something that might happen might be news, but it ain't front page news. By comparison, slightly less rabid news outlets such as CBS, NBC and others would tend to agree, not giving it front page treatment.

The fact that it was "reported" isn't relevant to my point. The point is placement. News sources have always determined the weight or gravity of a news item by placement. This was THE lead, TOP story on CNN this morning. WaPo didn't have it as THE top story, but it was one of the top three stories.

By comparison NBC, CBS - nowhere to be found on the FRONT page.

Get it now?