View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 02:08 PM

healthcare should be a right not a privilege. and while the ACA is sucky at least you get a very basic plan that will pay for maintenance items and many help out with the cost of RXs. for our family only the high deductible plans are in our budget. I always say that it is a great plan if you have cancer or chop off an arm, otherwise it sucks but it still much better than nothing. I volunteer at a Free clinic in a town near me and 95% of the patients we see are the working poor, most of the rest are homeless they would have no medical assistance if not for us. we also distribute many medications at our pharmacy (nothing mood altering)I appeal to drug makers on the patient behalf and often get them insulin products or asthma inhalers both of which are quite expensive.
as for the really sick once a month the board gets together to see how far they can get the money to spread and how many doctors and surgeons will work pro-bono. If the clinic does not have the resources then you have to wait, but we do the best we do with what we have.
Healthcare should be a right, let a naysayer experience one health crisis and watch him or her change their mind in this regard!