View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Personally, I think he meant "actual" rape and not rape that has been falsely alleged. "Legitimate" was just a poor choice of words.

However, the assertion that the female body somehow knows the insemination was forced and throws up a stop sign for the sperm is what I find ridiculous. I am certain the countless women who have "actually" been raped and come up pregnant over the millenia would be quick to expound upon that point.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Well the use of "legitimate" implies non-legitimacy to other rapes i.e. blaming the victim.....
Actually, his use of "legitimate rape" was intended to be "forcible rape," a word coined by the authors of a proposal to change the Hyde Amendment which already prohibits Federal funds for abortion (and supported by over 200 of the House GOP). They wanted to draw a distinction between "forcible rape" (a term that heretofore had no legal meaning) and statutory rape or drug-induced rape. The proposal was ultimately dropped once the GOP understand how f*cking ridiculous they looked.

That said, this clown doesn't even support an exemption for forcible rape, if one takes him at his word.