View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm no friend of the UAW, but don't really blame them for the (perceived) lack of quality, prestige, reliability, etc. of American cars that has driven the reduced demand for American automotive products.

That said, if I were a large industrial company, I too would locate in a right-to-work state and not in the heavily unionized American rust belt.
You don't understand, Alan...This is America, shit rolls downhill, you NEVER blame management, it's always the guy at the bottom of the hills fault.

When I was laid off from Federal Mogul here in VA, that's all I heard from relatives, friends and neighbors about how we "did it to yourselves", "the union" was to blame for the plant closing.......it was a non-union plant.

The reason the company went bankrupt was due to sloppy acquisitions----they bought up some brake companies that were carrying nearly 3 billion in asbestos liabilities.

http://www.ewg.org/sites/asbestos/federalmogul.php

Tell me something; How is ANY of that MY fault?

They're brainwashed, my friend. You won't convince them of anything. Every plant closing is because of "the union" even when there are no unions invloved. I know it's true, Limbaugh and Beck et al told me so, and they are the great beacon of truth................

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 09-27-2011 at 03:56 PM.