View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Well said. There is a enormous effort from the rightwing press to attempt a false equivalence argument in this to cover their asses for their fawning coverage of Bundy. Anyone in LA that reads the news has long understood that this NBA owner is nothing but a ultra rich racist slumlord. I'm happy that he's been caught out on his racism.
If the left (e.g., MSNBC) had been falling all over themselves calling Sterling a national hero before his racist comments became public, there may have been an equivalency. Since this wasn't remotely true, their false equivalence will fall only on deaf (or ignorant) ears.

What Bundy did (his deadbeat actions, not his racism) were not national news. It was Fox who went out of their way to make it national news in service of their anti-government agenda. Had they not lionized Bundy, he never would have scored the interview that brought the house down upon them.

I haven't read any of 4-2-7's posts, but I surmise that His Ignorance bought into the false equivalency.