View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 09:34 AM

From an FB friend who's a creative strategist at a huge PR firm, and deals with the public images of Fortune 500 companies for a living:

I just saw the narcissistic movie-trailer style video Trump made of his return to the White House. It finally broke me. I've tumbled over the edge of my own apoplexy and can't f**king take this wallowing waste of a person any longer.

For Donald Trump there is only appearance, no reality. Only show, no substance. Only facade, no facts. He is a hollow shell of a man and the emptiness within echos ceaselessly. Beneath his mask there is nothing but contempt for anything that does not stroke his stunted ego.

The only thing that mattered to him was a staged "triumphant return" concocted to somehow suggest he "bested" an insidious virus in a contest that appears either to be an utter contrivance or that he is willing to flout even as his closest loyalists fall ill around him. To him COVID-19 is a plot line to be manipulated rather than an existential threat to be dealt with earnestly. He disgusts me and I'm losing the remaining shreds of restraint I've tried to exert in my public comments about him.

As my dad lies in a grave dug by COVID-19, this preposterous, pretentious, pompous, pretend president makes a movie play-acting the conquering hero, incapable of feeling anything for the more than 200,000 real victims of the crisis he ignored, accepting only perverse reverence from his followers. He has conquered nothing but what little tether our society once had to keep the darker angels of the worst among us at bay.

History will know him for one thing: He has given those broken people permission to wear their bigotry and selfishness as if it were a cloak of righteousness. He is despicable and an insult to every decent human being.