View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshorts View Post
His actions speak otherwise.
Really, please fill me in on all the juicy details about his "actions".

Getting back to the Pope the developing story is he has his fingerprints all over the L.A. Diocese priest sex scandal cover up. He reportedly handled private settlements with victims and parents and actually signed them himself. We shall see if there is any validity to these accusations.

His resignation because he can't effectively handle his position in the church is BS. He could be on his death bed and still be Pope. The last Pope to resign Gregory XII, 498 years ago, because of a massive schism in the Catholic church. There were at least three factions of the church that had their own Pope. Gregory resigned to save the church. In other words he fell on his sword.

Pope's today are elderly because a young Pope could build a coalition and move the church in another direction somewhat like it did 498 years ago. I predict a Pope will be chosen from Central or South America. I also predict there will never be an American Pope.

I also will say I have absolutely no respect for the Catholic church. Throughout history they have perpetuated some of the most atrocious acts of barbarism and societal manipulation in modern and ancient history.

I was actually a member of the Catholic church for a short time until my Irish Catholic wife wised-up and quit the church. Can you imagine the agony I went through? I was educated in a Quaker school and my family were Lutherans and Methodist.

It is true what they say about Irish Catholic women. They can be pistols. As many of you know here she is an attorney. About ten years ago I heard her on the phone threatening to go to another lawyers office and beat the sh!t out of him. She was really pissed that day. An acceptable settlement offer came in the next day. Can you imagine what I went through.