View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 PM

Nein, Non, NO! You're reading me all wrong on this one.. I'm just fascinated by the stability and resilience of their system. It's truly a political science thing. Evidently, they are so close to autonomy in the different regions, that they can still function without the Central Govt. Kinda like the original reason for the internet. Distributed routing and resources able to survive major outages and damage. We are so much more fragile than that because Washington is such a huge money launderer.

I'm a HUGE fan of multiculturalism. More so than the phoney bumper sticker kind. I loved the diversity in Cali. Chinatown, Little Juarez, my Indian neighbors with their colored lights up in July. I used to defend what the Hispanics did to improve the "bad sections" of town.. Up until the point where their NEW immigrants changed class and behaviour.. THen we had roving bands of kids walking down the middle of busy streets keying cars and gang-banging and spray-painting. That's when we started planning an escape..

That and the way the govt responded to the challenge of multiculturism with teaching Chemistry/Physics/WorldHistory in Spanish and English because they wanted to pad the teaching ranks and make EnglishSecondLanguage a perpetual employment generator. Was never about dual language proficiency. And the sanctuary city crap that ended up filling the Cali jails with illegals that should have been sent home.

In the case of Belgium, it's not a war -- they want choices.. And I'm all for that. But the realization is that it creates severe inefficiencies in govt that maybe SHOULD be solved with partitions.

Last edited by flacaltenn; 07-04-2011 at 09:53 PM.