View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Okay.

The points were;

1). The "Three Stooges" are where the mentality of "everything bad that happens is all Clintons, or Obamas, or the Dems, or the liberals fault."

My boss and other former coworkers blamed the entire mess on "Clinton", still do. How so? It makes absolutely no sense. But, you can't tell them that.
Management fucked us out of our jobs, and no one else. Period. It wasn't Clinton, or Carter, or Barney Frank, or Bush, or Obama, or Mexicans, or UFOs, or the goddamned shadow people, it was our own greedy, selfish, assinyne capitalist managers. And THATS the truth!

I'll tell you why my friend thinks this way; Tune in to EIB and listen for a while. There's your fucking answer.

2). We were told, point blank, that the way HEALTHCARE is done in this country is TOO EXPENSIVE. The Canadians moved our jobs to Canada because the company doesn't pay for healthcare there. The citizens do through their taxes. At (In 2003) $300 to $1,000 per month, per employee, x 200+ employees, that's an assload of money. Why in the fuck would they do business here? I wouldn't.

I apologize if I came across as angry just now, Noon. I'm not mad at you, or anyone else here. I'm just frustrated.

Chopin. Where are my Lps? I need some Chopin. Somebody put on some fucking Chopin before I spontaneuosly combust.

Dave
The politicians are due some of the blame. Every time they add more regulations or more taxes on businesses they raise their operational costs and drive them to countries where it is cheaper to operate.

Now I don't blame one politician or one party, the big players make sure that no one runs who isn't already in their pocket. IMHO, the moneyed interests control the governments and not the other way around. The big internationals operate on a world stage and owe no allegiance to any nation.

Rob is quick to point out that Microsoft flies their corporate banner above the American flag at their headquarters. A small but telling detail.

I can appreciate your frustration. Not a day goes by that I don't feel like I've been had.

Chas